A classic symbol of harvest, the seasonal pumpkin is a rich & versatile variety of the squash plant. Spice it up with red Thai flavourings & kaffir leaves in our warming curry recipe.
Recipe for 4 – 6 portions
1 pumpkin (800g)
1 chilli pepper
3 garlic gloves
1 cup of coconut milk
4-5 kaffir lime leaves
handful of fresh Thai basil
1-2 tablespoons of red curry paste
1. Peel and chop the pumpkin.
2. Pour 1/2 the coconut milk into a pan over a medium heat.
3. Simmer before adding the curry paste.
4. Add the pumpkin until coated in the mixture, pour in 1/2 coconut milk and 1 tablespoon salt.
5. Simmer for 15 minutes until pumpkin is soft.
6. Add the chopped garlic and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Add the kaffir lime leaves & fresh Thai basil.
8. Serve hot with rice.